Website Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Position Title: Environmental Coordinator
Fuction/Domain: Health and Safety
Location: Nigeria – Lagos
Experience in Year(s): 10
Available Position(s): 2
The Project Field Environmental Coordinator will monitor implementation of the project Environmental Management System at site. He/she is responsible for supporting Project Management during the execution phases of the project and providing assistance to them in the interpretation and application of environmental legislation, Group / Project Standards and international best practices applicable to the project by development of project specific management plans. The work environment will consist of a mix of office and field work, with some field work requiring overnight stays.
• Coordinating the project environmental activities performed by the various Functions and Contractors; • Act as point of communication between the Project and the external regulators on environmental related matters; • Provide expertise to Project Management, on current and emerging environmental issues; • Support Project Management to improve the Project Environmental Management System at site; • Prepare and distribute Project Environmental Plans, where relevant; • Participate in the development of operational and emergency procedures; • Develop and deliver training on environmental requirements and management; • Ensure the competence of HSE personnel employed on the project; • Organize and deliver environmental awareness campaigns, when required; • Participate in risk assessments; • Assist in the co-ordination of emergency response situations; • Attend Project and Contractor meetings, as required; • Supervise the activities of site HSE personnel; • Conduct regular site environmental inspections; • Develop and implement environmental monitoring plans in accordance with regulatory and permit requirements; • Review and analyse environmental monitoring data and identify potential issues resulting from data interpretation and analysis; and • Prepare and submit environmental progress reports to Project Management and Contractors.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies:
• Very good technical capabilities and working knowledge of applicable environmental legislation, air emission, water and waste management, fuel and chemical handling and storage, soil and groundwater contamination technologies (preferably in emerging countries); • Be able to differentiate between negligible environmental issues and issues of possible material impact; • Have the skill and attitude to act in a proactive manner to anticipate problems and solve existing problems in the context of operational requirements and environmental regulatory constraints; • Ability to interface with management, construction staff, contractors, regulators; • Strong verbal and written communication skills; • Experience on writing technical reports with minimal oversight; • Flexibility to adapt to changing situations; • Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written; • Project Management, and presentation skills. • Able to listen to opinions, formulate recommendations in a confident and constructive manner;• Postgraduate degree in environmental science or similar scientific disciplines, i.e. geology, chemical engineering, etc.; • 10+ years’ experience as environmental officer/supervisor in major projects in emerging countries, preferably Nigeria / Africa; and • Track record in effective permitting / monitoring program execution and development / implementation of Environmental Management Systems.
Position Title: HSE Manager Worker Accommodation Camp
Position available for
Health and Safety
Nigeria – Lagos
Experience in Year(s)
Function/Domain: Health and Safety
Experience in Year(s): 10
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Camp HSE Managers duties are designed to assist the Camp Management to comply with the applicable Health, Hygiene, Environmental and Emergency legislative and good standards requirements and implement an effective Camp HSE Management System.
- Develop and implement the Camp Health, Hygiene, Environmental and Emergency Management system;
- Coordinates implementation of health requirements in facility design, fabrication and construction processes (plant facilities, medical clinics, kitchens, worker accommodations, potable water systems, etc…)
- Develop Risk Assessments for Camp Safety, Health, Hygiene, Environmental;
- Develop and implement a Malaria Control Plan;
- Develop Waste Management plan and procedures in collaboration with Contractors;
- Develop Medical Emergency Response Plan and Coordinate Camp Emergency system planning;
- Develop HSE inspections and surveillance plan and procedures;
- Develop training plan/program for Health, Hygiene, Environmental and Emergency Management;
- Provide functional health guidance to the Camp Management and Contractor Management;
- Provides review of Camp HSE performance data and recommends changes to address deficiencies, as appropriate;
- Ensures notification and reporting of occupational illnesses and injuries, including Malaria, as well as environmental incidents (i.e. diesel spills);
- Conduct ad-hoc meetings with the Contractors and Subcontractors on specific subjects such as Malaria Control, Drug and Alcohol test programs, etc.;
- Evaluate Contractor Health, Hygiene, Environmental and Emergency Management Plans; and
- Work with Camp Management and Contractors Management to:
- Liaison with Contractor officer/advisor to support the implementation of Hygiene, Safety, Environmental and Emergency Management plans;
- Monitor Health, Safety and Environmental standards including, safe working practices/activities, within the Camp accommodation infrastructure and peripheral areas;
- Ensures contractors undertake health risk assessment and implement a Site Health Plan, and that activities are monitored as appropriate;
- Advises on the delivery of primary and occupational health services;
- Ensures notification and reporting of occupational illnesse
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies
- Very good technical capabilities and working knowledge of applicable HSE and Hygiene legislation and good industry standard of practices (preferably in emerging countries);
- Have the skill and attitude to act in a proactive manner to anticipate problems and solve existing problems in the context of Camp / Project operational requirements;
- Ability to interface with management, contractors, regulators;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience on writing technical reports with minimal oversight;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations;
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written;
- Project Management, and presentation skills; and
- Able to listen to opinions, formulate recommendations in a confident and constructive manner.
- Graduate degree in Science or Engineering disciplines;
- 10+ years’ experience as HSE manager/supervisor in major projects in emerging countries, preferably Nigeria / Africa; and
- Track record in effective development / implementation of HSE and Hygiene Management Systems.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dangote-group.com.